It’s the final Friday Five – wow. This post marks the end of an era. For the past three years, the DC Trifecta (as we dubbed ourselves – me, Cynthia and Mar) have hosted our Friday Five linkup. Although I started the Friday Five solo, I quickly realized that wasn’t very much fun and was so lucky to have Cynthia and Mar join me. This post was our very first DC Trifecta link up! I hadn’t even met Mar in person when we started this thing. So crazy! As the Friday Five comes to a close, I wanted to recount five of my very favorite things about hosting this link up over the past few years. I hope you’ll indulge me.
- Number one is definitely getting to know you all of you throughout this journey. And to those of you who’ve been with us from the beginning (Erika / Jenny / Meranda / Michelle / Lauren / Kristen – and many more) – thank you for hanging out so long and really helping to shape this community we’ve built. It has been incredibly gratifying to share this space with you all!
- Learning more about the technical side of blogging. Hosting the linkup inspired me to learn more about the backend of blogging, to start self hosting my blog, to learn more about plugins, HTML and apps then I ever thought I’d know (or want to know). It’s been awesome.
- Inspiring other linkups! It’s been fun to see the rise of weekly, monthly, etc. linkups that have arisen since the Friday Five began. I’m not saying we can take credit for all (or even many) of them but I do know that some were inspired by ours and I find that fun.
- Fun and interesting themes. Before we switched to our current schedule of themes, the gals and I would pick specific themes for each Friday. It was a lot of work but I think we came up with some interesting ones. A couple of my favorites: fall foods, fitness inspirations, race memories, fitness snapshots and I always loved the week in pictures themes!
- Last but NOT least (and really a tie for number one) is the friendships that I’ve developed with my co-hosts. Honestly, it’s been such a joy to get to know them well and I’m so grateful for each of my friendships with them. Thank you ladies, for your support and friendship (and let’s be honest, wine!). Luckily I know that our friendship will continue on long after the Friday Five is forgotten.
Thanks to all of you for participating. I have to say I love linkups and so I’m not done with them. I’ll still be doing training and race linkups (look for on the Chicago marathon soon!) and who knows what else may be coming up?!