This year I ran. A lot. Without really thinking about it, I ran 13 races in 2013. I had some good races, some great races and a few not so great races, but I’m proud of them all. Without further ado, here are my top five races in 2013:
- Nike Women’s 1/2 Marathon. I loved this race because of the great swag and the fun, primarily female environment.
- The Annapolis 10 Miler. This race was tough, no doubt. In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have run it and ended up starting physical therapy shortly thereafter. However, I really pushed myself (for better or for worse) and started to believe that I could be a better runner. It was kind of a turning point for me.
- Clarendon Day Double. This was my first time running two races in one day and while it was tough, it was kinda awesome!
- Richmond Marathon. There’s not much more I can say about this race that I haven’t said, so just check out my recap. It was an amazing experience, in short!
- SOME Turkey Trot. This was my first real run post marathon and I PR’ed to boot! Can’t get much better than that!
What is your top race of 2013?