Around this time last year, I loved shared my top ten blog posts of the year (you can find that post here). I thought I’d do the same and share my top ten blog posts of 2015. I pulled the data for this post using Google analytics. Still not sure what Google analytics is? Check out my primer post here and my post on custom reports here. And to run the specific report I used, set your time frame, then click Behavior and then “All Pages.” Easy peasy!
A quick note before diving right in to my top ten blog posts of 2015: I’m only including posts that were published in 2015 on this list. My post listing tips for cold weather running is still my top post and was my number one post in 2015 by about 20,000 page views. Yeah, that was not a typo. That post was written in December of 2013 and still gets crazy traffic during the winter. Actually out of my top ten, three posts were from 2013 and one was from 2014. Just goes to show that content people desire will never truly die! Anyway, on to the list!
- My top post of 2015 was all about Pure Barre! This post all about breaking down the barre was number one this year!
- Number two is also a Pure Barre post! People love reading about the barre. This post was a few lessons I learned after taking 100+ Pure Barre classes.
- My post featuring local radio personality Sarah Fraser was really popular. Sarah is awesome and I was fortunate to be able to interview her about body image and how she felt hanging out in a bikini during rush hour in downtown DC.
- My holiday gift guide for the person who has everything was very popular, coming in at number four, despite being published in mid-December. Everyone has that one person (for me it’s my dad) and so I think this one struck a cord.
- My post on why I hate being told to smile was next. This one was a personal favorite, so I’m happy it made the list.
- Giveaway posts are always popular, so I wasn’t surprised to see that my Shape Up for Summer Giveaway Hop was in the top ten.
- I love running Richmond, so it was nice to see my tips on racing Richmond post break the top ten!
- Another barre related post cracks the top ten! I shared what’s in the bag I take to barre in this fun post.
- Strengthening exercises for runners was another post that I reference all the time!
- My Richmond Half Marathon Race Recap rounds out the year’s top ten blog posts!
There you have it! A good mix of fitness and fun and a giveaway thrown in there to mix it up! I like to look at this list when I’m planning posts for the next year.
What were your top blog posts of 2015?