Happy Wednesday! Per usual, I’m linking up with Jordon and Meredith for Wedding Wednesday. Today I thought I’d share a quick update about where we are in the planning process. I’m pretty pleased with our progress and am excited to knock out the remaining things on our list 🙂
So far, most of the big stuff on our planning checklist is done:
- We have a venue, date and save the dates are in the mail.
- I have purchased a wedding dress and my bridesmaids have either purchased their dresses or are in the final stages of doing so.
- We have contracted with a photographer and a DJ (catering is included in our venue contract).
- We have a wedding website and have registered for gifts (our registries are pretty small, but they are there!).
- We’ve selected our menu and will choose our hotel block this weekend.
- Our officiant is selected and we’re thrilled that one of our good friends (and Executive Pastor at our church) will be marrying us.
So what’s left to do?
- I need to figure out hair and makeup – I’m pretty sure what salon we’ll go to do but I have no idea how I’m going to style my hair.
- We need to order our invitations.
- Cupcakes need to be ordered.
- Decide if we will have a videographer, photo booth, etc.
- Lots of other little details need to come together (flowers, vows, rings, etc.).
I feel like we are in a good place and right now. There are definitely plenty of things that need to get taken care of, but we have enough done that I’m not in a panic. I’m starting to feel like this thing is actually coming along okay! Be sure to visit all the other Wedding Wednesday gals!
Sounds like things are coming together nicely. June will be here before you know it!
Meranda@fairytalesandfitness recently posted…A Piece of Disney History
Thanks Meranda – I’m really feeling that way 🙂
Mar @ Mar on the Run! says
If you need any help at all cupcake tasting, well… 😉
Mar @ Mar on the Run! recently posted…Every Day I’m Shufflin’: Giveaway Wednesday!
Haha, funny how many people want to help with that LOL 🙂
Sounds like you have things under control!
Word to the wise: whatever you do, order enough pork pie. 🙂 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561317/Bride-left-wedding-day-covered-beer-WKD-guest-threw-PORK-PIE-sparked-40-person-brawl-couple-say-We-brilliant-day-youve-got-expect-good-punch-wedding.html
Oh my. Can you imagine? I would be so ridiculously HOT.
I can’t begin to imagine. I would disown my friends and family if they did this to me. Yet another reason for eloping/destination wedding!
I felt accomplished and happy once I had enough to have a party: vows, food, music. Sounds like you’re there!