Happy Thanksgiving! As we did last year, this year we are talking about gratitude for the Friday Five. Last year, I shared five things / people I was thankful for. I’m still thankful for each of those things so you can go check that out here. This year I thought I’d share 5 reasons I’m grateful for this blog. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five on this holiday weekend. You can read our linkup rules here. Also don’t forget my first two gift guides of the season are live – here and here. Skip the stores and shop from home! That’s my plan – and then venturing out for Small Business Saturday. (You can read more about why Small Business Saturday matters here).
- It allows me to get my writing fix. I’ve always enjoyed writing and my writing has taken many different forms over the years. This blog is a way for me to share my love of writing and fulfill the part of me that gets joy from taking words in my heart and sharing them with the world (or, you know, the few of you that read this!). I love it.
- It’s fun. I love getting the chance to be creative when thinking of all things blogging. I’m not good at crafty/arts stuff so this is my creative fun outlet!
- I’ve made incredible relationships. The friends I’ve made through this blog are simply amazing and I’m so grateful for that. I treasure the people I’ve met through the blog and really feel like I’ve gotten to “know” so many of you – even those of you whom I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting in person yet!
- I’ve had some really cool opportunities. I’ve been able to race for free, write for national magazines, attend really cool events and do some things that I never even knew I wanted to do thanks to this old blog.
- Occasionally, the blog brings in some extra money, which is never a bad thing. I certainly didn’t start blogging to make money but it’s been a nice bonus over the past year or so.
What are you grateful for today?