Yep, you read that correctly. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. That taste delicious. I’m serious. These babies are so good that someone asked me how much it would cost for me to make them a whole batch. I was wholeheartedly expecting them to be gross. I made them on a whim one night in an effort to use up the whole wheat flour and vegan carob chips I had leftover from my fast (not realizing that I’d fall in love with whole wheat flour and start using it in almost everything). I took the recipe right from the side of my Wegman’s whole wheat flour package and edited it just a bit (i.e. used less butter than the recipe called for). I was so pleasantly surprised! They fluff up and look almost muffin like when finished, but they taste soft and chewy. If you are looking for a different (slightly healthier) take on chocolate chip cookies, give this recipe a try!
- 2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 12 oz vegan carob chips (or any chocolate chips you have on hand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c softened butter
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl (save a little bit of the flour to help you when you are working with the dough)
- Add in eggs, vanilla, butter and carob chips and mix
- Form drops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet
- Cook for approximately 11 minutes
- Enjoy and marvel at the tastiness!