I love year end blog posts – I find it fun to read people’s reflections and I love writing my own. So of course, this year, I’m linking up with Miss Zippy for my Year of Running. I did this last year and am excited to do it again! The idea is that you answer a few questions that help you reflect on your year of runs. I’m all about reflection so let’s get to it!
- Best race experience? It’s a tie between Richmond Marathon and the NCR Trail Marathon, but I think I gotta go with Richmond solely because I got to cross the finish line with my husband. That was such an amazing feeling and I can’t put how special it was to share that with him. How many couples can say that they’ve run 26.2 miles together??
- Best run? Definitely my 20 mile run right before Richmond. Everything just fell into place – the pace was great, the weather was perfect and I had awesome company in my friend Meghan. It was definitely a much better run than the actual race, LOL. 🙂
- Best new piece of gear? My long rogas. These shorts are amazing and I’m completely obsessed with them! Exhibit A: I just love these shorts!
- Best piece of running advice you received? Run the mile you’re in. It’s so true and during long, tough runs it can be hard to do this but it’s critical for me.
- Most inspirational runner? I’m most inspired by the everyday heroes I know, by my brother in law who just ran his first marathon, by the moms working full time who still train and qualify for Boston, by the folks who just grind it out on a regular basis. I’ve been blessed by this running community and I’m so grateful for it. <– that was my answer last year and I’m sticking with it. I’m inspired all the time by all of you!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? A whirlwind. This year was full of big events, changes and fun. 2014 has been quite an adventure and I can’t wait to see what it’s store for 2015! I can not believe I ran 3 marathons, got married, set a new half marathon PR, set a marathon PR, started working for myself and started my own business all within 12 months. Woo – yes, whirlwind is the appropriate choice of words!
What’s your favorite running/fitness memory of the year? [Tweet “linking up with Amanda @misszippy to share my year of running!”]