This blog started off because I made a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I turned 30 and I decided to write about them. Well, I’m (almost) 33 and the blog has continued on, although now it’s more focused on running, fitness and lifestyle topics. However, I thought I’d share my original list in case you are making a list of 30 before 30 (or whatever age you might be!).
1. Jump out of a plane. Haven’t done this or planned it yet – my plan is to arrange this for when the weather gets warm.
2. Run a half marathon (a second one – I ran one during my last year of law school). Yeah, so I’m running marathons number five and six this fall. Safe to say, this goal has been reached.
3. Use my passport. Yep. Honeymoon, what what!
4. Take part in meaningful volunteer work. DONE! Read about my pro bono experiences here.
5. Find a new karaoke go to song – “Baby Got Back” is classic, but it’s time to expand my range. Push It never gets old.
6. Stick to a budget. Working on this one!
7. Try one new restaurant a month. Lots of new restaurants in DC and lots of new restaurant visits for ya girl.
8. Make one new recipe a
month week. I’ve been successful with this so far. Most recently, I made a delicious pesto pizza. I love new recipes.
9. Take a surfing class. Not yet.
10. Go skiing. Trying again.
11. Road trip like I mean it. Numerous times!
12. Start my own urban garden. Yes! It’s planted. Check it out here.
13. Perfect my biscuit recipe. Oh yeah.
14. Cook a five course meal. Well, I think I’m doing Thanksgiving this year…
15. Stay up and watch the sun rise. I’ve gotten very, very close. But not yet!
16. Learn to change a tire. I swear I used to know how to do this. Yep.
17. Make something (a scarf, a shelf, etc.) and display it or give it as a gift. Yep. Remember that time I made a couch?! Check it!
18. See two great museums in NYC (I’ve been to NYC numerous times, but never done a major museum – I have no idea how that happened). Sadly, not yet.
19. Clean my apartment at least once a week. This has been surprisingly easy. I usually clean up as I go, so scrubbing the bathroom / vacuuming and the like isn’t painful.
20. Take a trip with my mother. No mother daughter trip yet.
21. Live car free for a month. This was done unintentionally, but it was done!
22. Take a weekend trip – solo! Yes, and it was glorious.
23. Have a sleepover with my niece and nephew. We did this over Christmas but it wasn’t a real sleepover because there was a house full of people and we didn’t make popcorn and stay up all night. Redo!
24. Find a church in DC. I have found a wonderful church in DC. Here is my post on this.
25. Send at least five hand written letters to friends/family. If cards count, then yes!
26. Write (creatively) every day for a month. I definitely have done this.
27. Have a housewarming/cocktail party! We had a cookout this summer – that counts!
28. Do a random, anonymous act of kindness for a stranger. Yes and I’m not blogging about it.
29. Try a new fitness activity. Pure Barre is my jam.
30. Plan an AWESOME 30th birthday party! My birthday was wonderful and I had numerous opportunities to share it with loved ones. A great time indeed!