I’m back with more Cherry Blossom Ten Miler Training updates. This was a great, tough week! The weather was REALLY up and down – I mean 70 degrees in the middle of the week and snow flurries by Saturday. Boo. Go home, winter – you’re drunk.
- Monday – Pure Barre.
- Tuesday – A strong 5k run. I have to admit it felt weird not running AND going to Pure Barre but I know that all those two a days I’ve been doing aren’t completely sustainable because it takes up a lot of time.
- Wednesday – Pure Barre and physical therapy (i.e. torture with new hip strengthening exercises. Ouch).
- Thursday – 1.25 mile walk on a gorgeous day.
- Friday – Pure Barre.
- Saturday – the Marine Corps 17.75k. This trail (for about half of it) race was 11.03 TOUGH miles of HILLS AND MORE HILLS. Full recap coming later this week but safe to say my quads are crying.
- Sunday – Super fun private class at Pure Barre for the local Oiselle gals. The.Best.Time! Just look at the photo collage below – how cute are we? It was so fun to get to meet some of the DC area gals that I hadn’t met before and awesome to see old friends again. I truly love this group of women and am so grateful to Pure Barre Capitol Hill for hosting us so generously. Such fun!
This week, I have some fun things on tap – the start of a local 5K series on Friday evenings and another trail run this weekend. I’m also moving (not out of DC) this weekend so there’s that — lots of upper body work will sneak its way into my week for sure! Not as much as will sneak it’s way into my husband’s week, though 🙂 I’m going to add on a run this week and try to consistently run four times a week – I’ll report back and let y’all know how it goes! Cherry Blossom is so soon!!
Did you race this past weekend? Tell me about it!