Hey, happy Friday, y’all! While we are still kind of digging out from the Blizzard of 2016, it’s been an interesting week. I, for one, am very happy that the weekend is here! Remember that every fifth Friday is a free Friday. So today, I thought I’d share five of my favorite DC area races. This list could’ve been much longer – there are so many wonderful races in the area. I recommend each race on this list. Don’t forget to check out my co-hosts Mar and Cynthia and to link back to each of us if you are linking up!
- Cherry Blossom Ten Miler. LOVE this race! In fact, I love it so much that this year I’m one of the Social Runners for the race. It’s fun, fast, flat and just a great tour of DC. If I had to choose only one race to ever run in DC forever, the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler would be it. For sure!
- Capitol Hill Classic. I haven’t raced this one in awhile, but it’s still one of my favorite local races. A quick 10k that is entirely on Capitol Hill? Yes, please!
- Clarendon Day 5k/10k. This race is great because you start on a huge downhill and it’s on a Saturday! I love Saturday races. I’ve done the double (race both the 5k and the 10k) twice and just the 10k once. The double is HARD and HURTS. The 10k is fast and flat! Either way, I recommend this one for sure!
- Navy Air Force Half Marathon. I have only run this one once but I really liked it. It’s a familiar course and had good energy and while I don’t love Haines point, it wasn’t awful. I may do this one again this year, just depending on the timing!
- Marine Corps Marathon. Yes, I know. If you read my recap, you know I didn’t LOVE this race. It was a bad day for me and that can be hard. However, the patriotic aspects, the crowds and the fact that so many friends both race and spectate this race each year pushed MCM onto this list! I know I said I probably won’t run this one again, but never say never, right? Who knows?
Have you run any of these races??