Woohoo – this is a gloriously needed three day weekend! I don’t know about you, but I’m excited. There are so many great things about long weekends but this week for our free Friday, I’m going to share five of them. Hope you all have an amazing weekend! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Sleep! In an average weekend, I wake up relatively early both days (super early on Saturdays for long runs and moderately early on Sundays) so I don’t typically have a sleep in day over the weekend. Having an extra day where I can actually sleep in is great.
- Local activities and fun. I love being in DC over holidays where people skip town – it’s quieter and much easier to get around town and I enjoy that tremendously. This weekend I am hopefully going berry picking (weather permitting) and maybe hitting up the Building Museum.
- The chance to do nothing. Yes, this is in direct contrast to number two but that’s what’s great about long weekends – you can do both! Sometimes just laying around and vegging is so nice. I find that it’s so rare that I have unscheduled time so I try to find some down time on a long weekend.
- The kickoff of summer. This is particular to this particular long weekend, but Memorial Day just ushers in summer. Of course, for me, the kickoff is the first time I hear Fresh Prince’s “Summertime” blaring – to me, that equals summer.
- Catch up time. I like to take a bit of time on long weekends and catch up on whatever I’m behind on. There’s always something…because #life. This weekend, it’ll be returning a few things to Target (and hopefully not leaving with $100 worth of things I don’t need), grocery shopping, and organizing our guest bedroom. And maybe buying a new mattress. Not sure about that last one though – mattress shopping has completely overwhelmed me!
What do you love about long weekends? Any fun plans?