In case there was any doubt (and how could there be?!), I LOVE living in Washington, DC. So I was super excited when we decided on “five things I love about my favorite city” for this week’s Friday Five. I don’t know if I would say that DC is my absolute favorite city but I do love it quite a bit. Can’t wait to read all about y’alls favorite city! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend and Happy New Year!
- Lots of awesome things to look at while running. From sites like the one pictured above to beautiful trails, DC has it all in terms of running terrain. I’m grateful for that and grateful that I can run in this city.
- Free museums for the win. All the Smithsonian museums are free and that is such an amazing resource. Plus we have cool stuff like the Arboretum, the Botanic Gardens and awesome monuments. I usually save that stuff for when I have guests visiting but it’s nice to know it’s there.
- We don’t get a ton of snow, but when we do, stuff shuts down. I still don’t know if I will ever have a more awesome week than Snowpocalypse from 2010. Everything was closed for a week – except restuarants, bars and gyms. Oh and museums were open too – we just didn’t have to work because the metro was buried until 20 inches of snow. My former roommates and I beat Mario Brothers on the Wii that week. It was glorious. Minnesota, Canada, Buffalo, NY – you guys can keep you strong tolerance. I’ll keep my snow days. 🙂
- Tons of awesome places to eat. I’m super lucky that I can walk to in ten minutes or less. In fact, tonight I’m checking out a new, cool bar. Yeah, I felt super nerdy about typing that but I promise I am! Not going to bed at 9:30 like I did last night. But, that was awesome too. No, seriously – I love having tons of options for food. This blog is not called EAT Pray Run DC for nothing, y’all.
- Interesting, smart people. DC is full of young, energetic, smart, and passionate people and I love living in a place where I’m constantly learning and constantly fascinated by those around me.
What’s do you love about your favorite city?
[Tweet “My five favorite things about living in #DC!”]