This post contains affiliate links.
This holiday gift guide contains a whole host of generic but thoughtful gifts to keep on hand throughout the holiday season. These gifts are useful for when you are surprised by someone you did not expect to buy you a gift. We’ve all been there. Here are a few generic but thoughtful gifts to keep on hand for those situations.
- Chances are high that someone you know is very into Downton Abbey. That person is not me, but I think almost every other woman I know watches this show. World Market (one of my obsessions and a go to for home items and cute gifts – not to mention wine!) has a whole Downton Abbey Shop this fall. I would probably play it safe and pick up a couple of the branded teas for the Downton lover that I’ve forgotten to shop for.
- While you are at World Market, go ahead and pick up some cute hand soaps like the one above. Use this link and save ten percent! Save 10% in-store or online at World Market. Free shipping on online orders $100+
- Pick up a couple of Starbucks gift cards ($5 or $10) and you’ll always be prepared to hand out a great (useful!) gift.
- A 2016 calendar – you can pick up a couple of 2016 planners for less than ten dollars each and keep them on hand to give out. I like this one from Amazon – it’s just $8.
- A couple of nice Christmas ornaments. A couple of my favorite small businesses here in DC always have interesting ones – if you are local, check out Hill’s Kitchen for some options.
- As a last resort, I always like to keep a couple of extra holiday cards around to give those to folks who’ve surprised me with a card or gift.
What do you keep on hand to give when you are surprised with a gift?