I thought it was high time for a post that shares the latest on how THE List is coming along. I’ve updated THE List page, but hadn’t done an actual post. Check it out below:
1. Jump out of a plane. Haven’t done this or planned it yet – my plan is to arrange this for when the weather gets warm.
2. Run a half marathon (a second one – I ran one during my last year of law school). I did this! Read about it here.
3. Use my passport. No immediate plans with this one.
4. Take part in meaningful volunteer work. DONE! Read about my pro bono experiences here.
5. Find a new karaoke go to song – “Baby Got Back” is classic, but it’s time to expand my range. Not sure what my new go to song will be, but I’m thinking about it! Toss up between Carrie Underwood and Push It — no definitive winner yet!
6. Stick to a budget. Working on this one!
7. Try one new restaurant a month.Totally have done this so far! Yay new restaurants.
8. Make one new recipe a
month week. I’ve been successful with this so far. Most recently, I made a delicious pesto pizza. I love new recipes. Also check out when I made this easy and tasty cod recipe.
9. Take a surfing class. I think this may happen during my birthday celebration.
10. Go skiing. This didn’t happen this winter, but I’m determined to get it in before Oct. 16th!
11. Road trip like I mean it. Will be driving down to Virginia Beach in a couple of months — I may count that trip!
12. Start my own urban garden. Yes! It’s planted. Check it out here.
13. Perfect my biscuit recipe. Pretty dang close! My latest go at it is here.
14. Cook a five course meal. Ha. Not yet. Maybe I’ll host a dinner party? Or just make an amazing meal for a very special person? Not sure yet!
15. Stay up and watch the sun rise. I’ve gotten very, very close. But not yet!
16. Learn to change a tire. Checked this one off THE List unexpectedly last weekend. Read about it!
17. Make something (a scarf, a shelf, etc.) and display it or give it as a gift.Yep. Remember that time I made a couch?! Check it!
18. See two great museums in NYC (I’ve been to NYC numerous times, but never done a major museum – I have no idea how that happened). This will probably happen when my mom and I go on our NYC trip.
19. Clean my apartment at least once a week. This has been surprisingly easy. I usually clean up as I go, so scrubbing the bathroom / vacuuming and the like isn’t painful.
20. Take a trip with my mother. As I mentioned above, mom and I are planning on going to NYC soon for a weekend trip.
21. Live car free for a month. I’ve done well with this but definitely haven’t gone a whole month without using my car. Whoops!
22. Take a weekend trip – solo! I’m taking a work trip soon — does that count?
23. Have a sleepover with my niece and nephew. We did this over Christmas but it wasn’t a real sleepover because there was a house full of people and we didn’t make popcorn and stay up all night. Redo!
24. Find a church in DC. I have found a wonderful church in DC. Here is my post on this.
25. Send at least five hand written letters to friends/family. I’ve done one — lots more to go.
26. Write (creatively) every day for a month. I haven’t yet decided what month to choose – I have to admit I’m a bit intimidated by this goal!
27. Have a housewarming/cocktail party! Major slacking on this front…
28. Do a random, anonymous act of kindness for a stranger. Yes and I’m not blogging about it.
29. Try a new fitness activity. I finally went to hip hop class with my friend. And I’m obsessed with Biker Barre!
30. Plan an AWESOME 30th birthday party! Thinking a cruise for the 30th!
Harrison Wilder says
Well, if it’s not warm enough to jump out of a plane today, I don’t know what to tell you. 🙂 Great job! you’re getting there!!
Haha, I know — today would be PERFECT for that 🙂 Thanks, Harrison!