This is my second year hosting the Year of Running link up – first started by Amanda of Miss Zippy. It’s a lot of fun and easy to play along – answer all the questions in your own blog post, add my button (if you choose) and add your link to the link up. I always love reading everyone’s answers. The link up will remain open through the first week of January! note: this post contains affiliate links.
Here’s how this works:
- Grab my button below.
- Answer the following questions.
- Link up your blog post below!
- Best race experience: I ended up racing 19 times this year and had a number of awesome race experiences. I think in terms of best overall experience I’m going to go with the Shamrock Half Marathon. While the weather was terrible, this race really showed me what I was made of and there is nothing like getting faster with each of the final miles. Plus, finally going sub-2 was just an incredible experience.
- Best run: Easy – all the super fun snow runs that Caitlin and I had over the winter. We had a blast running all over the city in our YakTrax!
- Best new piece of running gear: I didn’t really buy any new running gear per se, but did buy lots of new running clothes. I’d have to say that my best purchase was probably the Yaktrax because they provided me so much joy during winter running!
- Best running advice you’ve received this year: Master the discomfort. This came from the awesome notes that Oiselle includes in its orders and it stuck with me.
- Most inspirational runner: I’m inspired by so many runners and by so many stories. This is always the hardest question. In an Olympic year, there are so many choices but I’m going to go with Kate Grace who went after it in such a gusty and inspiring way. She’s such a boss.
- Favorite picture from a run or race this year: This picture captures the pure joy I had running the Chicago Marathon. Such a wonderful experience – I absolutely loved it!
- Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: Chicago for sure. Without a doubt. Easy question!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? Mind opening. I thought I knew what I could do, running – wise and I blew past what I thought my limits were.
Link up your Year of Running post below – I’ll try to get to each post before the end of the year!