This is my fourth year hosting the Year of Running link up – first started by Amanda of Miss Zippy. It’s a lot of fun and easy to play along – answer all the questions in your own blog post and add your link to the link up. I always love reading everyone’s answers. The link up will remain open through the month of January!
- Best race experience: This is a really tough question because I really didn’t have a great year of racing. I haven’t talked about this much on the blog since I blog much less infrequently now, but I’ve had lingering pain basically all year which meant that I didn’t have many amazing races. HOWEVER. The New York City Marathon was just the best day and my favorite race experience EVER. It is such an amazing experience. More details on that here.
- Best run: Holiday lights run! It’s my favorite run all year and always such fun!
- Best new piece of running gear: I love my Koala clip – it gets the job done and keeps my phone dry and safe while I’m running.
- Best running advice you’ve received this year: Oh this is hard. This has been a really strange year of running- mystery injuries (which I’m still kind of dealing with), difficult runs and terrible weather. So I think the best piece of advice that I’ve read that has stuck with me is “keep showing up.” Des Linden shared this simple but powerful phrase and I reflect on it often.
- Most inspirational runner: My friend Emily has gotten more seriously into running this year and in the span of one year ran her first, second and third half marathons and has just kicked ass and jumped in to running with both feet. She’s so thoughtful and earnest in her joy of learning more about the sport and her excitement makes me excited about running. It’s fun experiencing someone else discovering the amazing running community. So I’d say Emily for sure.
- Favorite picture from a run or race this year: Duh, this pic from mile 23 of the NYC marathon.
- Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: Same answer as last year – Rehoboth. It is quickly becoming a must-do late fall tradition. The race, the girls weekend, all of it is just the best! But also NYC because it’s amazing.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? A roller coaster.
Share your year of running by linking up below. The link up will be open through the end of January!